Is it A Tradition or Fashion?
Waist Beads usually come in different colours, shapes and sizes and some of them also contain charms and crystals.
In Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, and other west African countries, waist Beads are symbols of fertility, sensuality, Femininity and spiritual well- being.
Wearing Waist Beads is a fashionable accessory as it was in the past. the difference is that nowadays it has been incorporated to different styles and modes fashion that even ladies who do not know about the traditional aspect of wearing them are doing so, all in the name of fashion.
Different colours of Waist Beads and Their significance
* Brown_ Earth and Stability
* White_ Light, truth and purity
* Gold_ Good health, Power and wealth
* Yellow_ Joy, Energy and happiness
* Black_ Power and protection
* Blue_ Loyalty and Truth
* Green_ Fertility, Abundance, Nature and prosperity
* Red_ Confidence and Vitality
* Turquoise_ Communication and self_awareness
* Purple_ Royalty, Spirituality and wisdom
* Orange_ Courage, self_confidence and vitality
* Pink_ Care, Beauty, kindness and love