Re- Osun Muslim Ummah on the purported Turbaning of Rauf Aregbesola.
It is so funny to read this morning a release from a group “Osun Muslim Ummah” Issued by a faceless who claimed to bear Sheik Abdul Yekeen Adamolekun Jenyo otherwise condemning the turbaning of Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola as the Wazirul-Muminina of the state of Osun.
Setting the records straight, the Osun State Muslim Community is the overall body of Muslims in the state while the League of Imams and Alfas is the supreme governing body overseeing the affairs of Muslim clerics in the state.
It is with this;
1. That the “Concerned Muslim Ummah” is not a recognized body that is lawful to speak on behalf of Muslims in the state.
2. That the turbaning of Ogbeni Rauf Adesoji Aregbesola as the Amirul Wazirul-Muminina of Osun is in line with the tradition of religious leaders to honour those that contribute to the growth of the religion.
3. That the turbaning was not merited by personal gratification but deep sense of commitment to the growth and development of Islam in the state of Osun as reechoed by the Chairman of the League of Imams in Osun, Sheik Musa Animashaun.
4. That the people of the state of Osun do recognize the sterling ideas of good governance and responsibility that the administration of Ogbeni Abdulrauf Aregbesola brought to the state during his 8 years as Governor and the massive turn-around then.
5. That the position of Sheik Adamolekun about the purported withdrawal of consent of Osun Muslim Ummah on the coronation is untrue based on the massive acceptance and show of love to the Waziri before, during and after.
6. That the self acclaimed Osun Muslim Ummah with today’s press statement is trying to disrupt the peace of the state while acting some script by the financiers of Sheik Adamolekun and his cohorts. Members of the public are advised to disregard the utterances of this agents of evil trying to cause confusion in our state.
7. That the Wazirul-Muminina of Osun is Ogbeni Rauf Adesoji Aregbesola (Olanbiwoninu); one that was merited and will continue to contribute his quota to the development of Islam and the State of Osun in general.
Osun is Peaceful and will always be.
Abeegunde Adelowo Adetunji write from Osogbo.