THE GAME HAS CHANGED
INDEPENDENT NATIONAL ELECTORAL COMMISSION
INEC decided that they will not use University Lecturers as returning officers for the 2023 Election. INEC will use only their staff for the exercise.
INEC today Inaugurated the Committee for NATIONAL SITUATION ROOM AND COLLATION CENTRE FOR THE 2023 GENERAL ELECTION
- Mrs. May Agbamuche-Mbu, National Commissioner – Chairperson
- Prof. Abdullahi Abdu Zuru, National Commissioner – Member
- Barr. Festus Okoye, National Commissioner – Member
- Director, Electoral Operations – Member
- Director, ICT – Member
- Director, Planning, and Monitoring – Member
- Director, Security – Member
- Director, Election & Party Monitoring – Member
- Director, International Cooperation & Protocol – Member
- Director, Research – Member
- Director, Health Services – Member
- Director, Estate, Works, and Transport – Member
- Chief Technical Adviser to the Chairman – Member
- Special Adviser to the Chairman – Member
- Chief Press Secretary to the Chairman – Member
- Director, Commission Secretariat – Member/Secretary
The Situation Room and Collation Centre Committee was inaugurated by the Chairman of the Commission, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, who charged it to commence work in earnest and to discharge its responsibilities diligently.
Festus Okoye Esq.
National Commissioner & Chairman
Information and Voter Education Committee.
THIS IS WHAT THE NEW ELECTORAL LAW SAYS ON OUR NEXT ELECTIONS*:
- No manual accreditation.
- No use of incident forms.
- All accreditation is electronic.
- Accreditation is Bimodal meaning facial recognition and fingerprinting.
- No pre-election cases after the conclusion of Elections.
- No election cases after swearing into office of the winner.
- All results must be uploaded to INEC official website at the polling units before taking it to the ward, constituency, LGA, or state collation centers.
- If the number of votes cast is more than the number of accredited voters the polling unit result is canceled.
- No more agreement between parties to share the remaining ballot papers that were not used.
- No more massive thump printing and stuffing of ballot boxes. If you like to go and steal ballot boxes you are wasting your time. You cannot change the result.
The people’s votes are counting now. If you didn’t serve the people well when in public office or you are not popular in your political locality, it is advisable to save your money because they will collect your money and vote against you.
End ballots snatching has come to stay in Nigeria. With the amendment of the Nigeria Electoral Act, our votes now count.