The Senate on Wednesday, July 26, confirmed the appointment of 11 members of the governing board of the North East Development Commission (NEDC).
The nominees confirmed by the Senate during plenary on Wednesday include a classmate of the former president, former President Muhammadu Buhari, General Paul Tarfa (North East Adamawa), as chairman of the commission.
The nominees were confirmed following their screening at the plenary on Wednesday.
President Bola Tinubu had, in a letter read on the floor of the plenary by the Senate President, GodsWill Akpabio, requested the confirmation of the appointments.
Other nominees are as follows:
1) Hon Gambo Maikyau, member (North East Taraba)
2) Abdullahi Abbas, member (North West Kano)
3) Zaf Steven Ondora, member (North Central Benue)
4) Chief Mutiu Lawal Areh, member (South West Lagos)
5) Samuel Ifeanyi Onuigbo, member (South East Abia)
6) Frank Achinike Owo, member (South-South Rivers)
7) Mohamed Goni Alkali (Managing Director North East Borno)
8) Musa Yashi, Executive Director of Humanitarian Affairs (North East Bauchi)
9) Ahmed Abdulsalam Yahaya (North East Gombe)
10) Dr Abubakar Garba Ileah (North East Yobe).