Dear Citizens of Osun State,
I am honored to address you today on the occasion of the 32nd anniversary of our beloved Osun State. On August 27th, 1991, our state was carved out from the old Oyo State.
Today marks a significant milestone in the history of our great state. As we reflect upon the journey, let us acknowledge what shaped our state and chart a course for a brighter and more prosperous future.
Our state’s creation was the outcome of the struggles of our people. The founding fathers worked hard to realize the vision. The struggle started as early as 1950”s with a series of commissions of inquiry in the old Oyo State.
The doggedness of the founding fathers was rewarded on august 27th 1991, when General Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida created nine states including Osun state with Osogbo as the capital. This marked the recognition of our unique cultural heritage, rich history. The creation of Osun State was a testament to our collective determination to achieve self-governance and development
Over the past three decades, Osun State has demonstrated its strength in various fields. Osun has been growing from strength to strength. We have achieved a lot under our five-point agenda on workers welfare, gratuities and pension; education, affordable health care, state and social security and human capital development has yielded a skilled workforce that contributes significantly to the growth of our state and the nation.
We are building a digital ecosystem that deploys technology for development. We are laying a strong foundation for tech driven industrial development. We seek to harness our huge academic potentials for state growth. We are working hard to upgrade our infrastructure. Our focus includes growing the state economy to generate jobs and build the commonwealth.
In our push to achieve dreams of our founding fathers, we recognise the challenges facing our state. We regard developmental setbacks as tools to resolution of societal problems. I don’t want to report problems but solutions to our common setbacks.
My dear good citizen of Osun State, at this point this is a clarion call in order to propel Osun State towards sustained economic growth, we must collectively focus on several key strategies ranging from:
• Strengthening our transportation networks, energy systems, and digital connectivity will attract investment, facilitate trade, and improve the overall quality of life for our citizens.
• Continued emphasis on modernizing our agricultural practices, supporting farmers with training and access to markets, will enhance food security and drive economic growth.
• Nurturing a culture of learning and innovation through improved educational facilities and partnerships with research institutions will fuel the emergence of a knowledge-based economy.
• Leveraging our cultural heritage and natural beauty, we can develop sustainable tourism offerings that create jobs and stimulate local economies.
• Providing financial incentives, technical assistance, and access to markets for SMEs will foster entrepreneurship and diversify our economic base.
• Implementing eco-friendly policies and sustainable practices will not only protect our environment but also attract eco-conscious industries.
• Collaborating with the private sector to develop infrastructure projects, such as energy, transportation, and healthcare, can leverage resources and expertise for mutual benefit.
In conclusion, the 32nd anniversary of Osun State’s creation reminds us of our shared commitment to progress and development. Let us honour the sacrifices of our forebears by embracing our strengths, addressing our weaknesses, seizing opportunities, and confronting threats.
By working together with determination and unity, we can build an Osun State that thrives economically, socially, and culturally. As we embark on this journey, let us remain unwavering in our resolve to leave a legacy of prosperity for generations to come.
Thank you, and may the light of progress continue to shine upon Osun State
God bless Osun State.