OSUN: Know your judgement at Glance!
ON OSUN STATE SUPREME COURT RULING YESTERDAY:
1.BVAS does not operate in isolation of voters register, therefore voters register is relevant to the conduct of election.
- Supreme Court adopts BVAS as the primary source, exhibit BVR by Oyetola dismissed.
- INEC regulations does not provide for transportation of accredited voters to the database except snapped pictures of results for form Ec8A to the IREV – Court holds
- Since the BVAS is the foundation of the Appellants’ case, failure to produce the BVAS was fatal..
- Appellant failed to prove overvoting
- On APC and Oyetola’s witness
“He has no personal knowledge of the case,
He was not present in any of the polling units,
His entire testimony in the case is incurable inadmissible”
7.Supreme Court: Adeleke ought not to have even defended any of the allegations of Oyetola because they are based on hear say.
- Adeleke qualification was settled already – Supreme Court
- Appeal failed and hereby dismissed
- Supreme Court holds.