PRESS RELEASE ON THE POSITION OF THE OSUN STATE MUSLIM COMMUNITY ON THE MISINFORMATION EMANATING FROM THE MUSLIM RIGHTS CONCERN (MURIC) ON GOVERNOR NURUDEEN ADELEKE
- Osun State Muslim Community notes with displeasure, the position expressed by the Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) which is based on complete misinformation on the person of His Excellency, The Governor of Osun State, Senator Nurudeen Ademola Adeleke.
- We wish to affirm without fear of contradiction that our Governor is a Muslim and no one has any right to think otherwise of someone who pronounces the Kalimah and never denies the faith in the belief of oneness and supremacy of Allah.
- We affirm that the feud between former Governors of Osun State, Ogbeni Abdul Rauf Aregbesola and Alhaj Isiaka Adegboyega Oyetola is being addressed at the appropriate higher levels and that should be very much appreciated and supported.
- We seize this opportunity to assure His Excellency, Governor Nurudeen Ademola Adeleke and generality of Muslims in the State that we give full support to Governor Nurudeen Adeleke as a good, hardworking and trustworthy brother Muslim who is performing positive wonders in the State every moment.
- We appreciate MURIC’s effort and sincerity in advocating for social justice in Nigeria. However, we would advise that the source of any information to be disseminated should be carefully verified from appropriate sources and organizations on ground to always prevent such embarrassment in the future.
Alhaj Mustafa Olawuyi