Olufon Stool: Remove Not the Ancient Landmark, Ifon Indigens warn Oyetola
The Moronfolu royal family in Ifon-Osun has written a protest letter to the Osun state governor, Mr Gboyega Oyetola, not to remove the ancient landmark in installing the next Olufon of Ifon.
A copy of the letter which was sighted by our correspondent reads in part, “On behalf of the entire Moronfolu Royal Family of OLAOJO RULING HOUSE of Ifon-Orolu Kingdom, we are constrained to formally forward this Protest Letter to You.”
“This indicates the obvious suspicion and desperation by the Osun State Ministry of Local Government and Chieftaincy Matters to abandon the extant and subsisting 1988 Olufon Chieftaincy Declaration and their resort to different tactics to perpetrate illegal means of imposing next Olufon in line with 1979 Olufon Chieftaincy Declaration that has been overriden by the extant 1988 Olufon Chieftaincy Declaration that was duly registered and approved on the 10th October, 1988; we wish to inform you that such an unfortunate act will lead to crises if your goodself fails to checkmate the process. There is no doubt that the Ministry of Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs has misled the State Government towards arriving at the wrong decision that would perpetually tag your administration as an enemy of the people because the repercussions are great and will be unimaginable. Besides, this is a clear injustice and repetition of administrative error committed during the installation of the immediate past monarch. Importantly, we cannot allow same abnormality to continue, especially when Olaojo Ruling House was the same people that suffered from same injustice in the past! It is glaring that the Ministry of Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs is determined not to look into the merit of the situation but unrepentant to adopt illegality just for interest best known to them.
“For the record, we would like to state as follows:
1. The Stakeholders in Orolu, especially the elites have made different efforts to
convince the State Government to do the right thing by requesting Olaojo Ruling House
(which contains Moronfolu and Odunolu Royal Families) to produce next Olufon of ifon in accordance with 1988 extant and subsisting Olufon Chieftaincy Declaration.
2 The Osun State Government through his latest decision to adopt 1979 Olufon
Chieftaincy Declaration has indicated that the government is not ready to comply with the
legal provisions; whereas the process should be guided by law.
3. The eminent stakeholders in Orolu Local Government have condemned the unthoughtful act the Ministry of Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs and considered same as suspicious because of its tendency to complicate issue beside removing ancient Orolu Landmarks.
4. Notwithstanding the evils perpetrated against the Orolu people by the incumbent administration, we still have greatest confidence that His Excellency, Alhaji Isiaka Adegboyega Oyetola would reason to avert resultant crisis arising from the unfair decision that is capable of turning Orolu people and Obatala nation against our highly revered and respected personality.
5. We therefore request You to iniatiate feasible urgent action to demonstrate your known and trusted honest commitment against unfavorable external political influence that is targeted against the will of Orolu Community that has always been oppressed, supressed and marginalized by the ruling party since the beginning of the APC government in Osun State. This is very unfortunate at a time that Orolu stakeholders are at point of supporting the same government! Therefore, we anticipate that you will be bold to consider the merit of our protest and act accordingly before it is too late.
6. We are ready for amicable resolution and settlement of the teething crisis arising from unpopular decision and advise Governor Oyetola to proof himself as a known Peaceful Servant by curbing the illegality that has been perfected by the Governments officials.
“In conclusion, we would like the State Government to understand that we are peace loving people. Yet, we want you to realize that it will be suicidal for leadership of Osun State Government to witness effect of decision before taken necessary corrective steps because some people have already hold Mr. Governor responsible for all evils against our generation. Therefore, we up to His Excellency, Alhaji Isiaka Adegboyega Oyetola to understand that dictatorial action will never be accepted in a democratic setting and thus restate out loving passion for your known magical corrective approach.
“We are your truly on behalf of Moronfolu Royal Family of OLAOJO RULING HOUSE
Alhaji (Prince) Afisu Siyanbola.
Prince Kasali Akinloye
Alhaji (Prince) Sule Akinyooye.
Prince Lamidi Oyedepo
Alhaji (Prince) Akibu Olaniyan Orisarinu
Prince Sule Oyero
Prince Jide Adelaja Akinyooye, ACA